QAADRANT is the quarterly publication of QAAD, which contains a combination of news, articles, personal experiences and insights and letters. The magazine is published as an insert in the Quaker journal the Friend and is also circulated by post to individual Friends on request. We know that it finds its way into many circles through Friends’ initiatives, including prisons and treatment agencies. QAADRANT is also available online.
We very much welcome contributions from Friends on any subject within our concern – the use and problem use of alcohol, other drugs: legal, illegal and prescribed, and gambling. QAADRANT is edited by a small group of trustees and QAAD’s Director, Helena Chambers.
Contributions can be of any length up to 1,000 words. We welcome personal pieces, views on policy or social issues, personal insights into recovery, book reviews and creative contributions such as poetry. Perspectives on those with direct experience of problems or from their close others are also featured regularly.
If you would like to write for us, please contact Alison Mather (see contact page), who will be very glad to give more information.
Recent editions of QAADRANT can be viewed below:
‘Recovery is an ongoing process, not a destination.’
Highlights from our QAADNET meeting in April
Minimum Unit Price in Scotland – is it working?
‘Faith, Family and Recovery’ – our Director speaks at the ADFAM round table event
- Faith, trust and recovery – Personal insights by a Friend in recovery
- ‘From Harm to Hope’ – the government’s drug strategy sets out its position
- Faith in recovery? Reflections from our QAADNET meeting in December
- The NHS declines further industry funding for gambling treatment
QAADRANT Winter issue
- The Chancellor takes a step in the right direction
- QAADNET meeting in December
- Scotland extends police discretion to Class A Drug posession
- Alcohol Change UK’s 2021 conference
QAADRANT Autumn Issue
- “Not fit for purpose…” Dame Carol Black publishes her report on illegal drugs
- QAADNET meeting at Britain Yearly Gathering
- ‘Drink – the deadly relationship between women and alcohol’ – book review
- QAAD Director’s 2020 report
QAADRANT Summer issue
- The government reviews the 2005 Gambling Act
- QAAD at Yearly Meeting Gathering
- Calming the ‘washing machine mind’